こんにちは! わたしはえいがとじんぐとあにめがすきです。 I am a BIG fan of horror movies, at this point I have likely seen over 100 movies in this genre. I think they can be a good thrill and explore themes and situations that are left out of other genres due to controversy, so it can be a great genre to explore subjects/situations outside of the social norm and push boundaries. I also really enjoy running! I started at a very young age running 5ks with my mom but it grew into a passion for me. I ran both track and cross country throughout parts of my high school career and ran a half-marathon to celebrate my graduation. Though I don’t watch as much anymore I am a fan of anime, specifically sports anime’s as they capture the emotions of the players so well and open up the perspectives that people have on what it may be like to play that sport if they do not.
This film was beautifully devastating. Following two siblings as they struggle to survive in the midst of war after the passing of their mother, this movie delves into the heavy themes of devastation begins war that is often forgotten. The animation and imagery used reveal to the audience the true horror of the situation these children are in and the innocence with which they view it. A wonderful film and totally recommend it, however be prepared for how the deep themes within it.
The first episode of The Summer Hikaru Died, the scene is set for the rest of the series. Yoshiki, a high schooler in a rural area notices changes in his best friend after his mysterious disappearance earlier that year. He confronts Hikaru, or the character who claims to be his best friend, and is launched into a world of the supernatural surrounding him. . Despite being a show based in the horror genre, it is quite obvious that this show delves into heavy themes of grief, loss, shame, love, and codependency as Yoshiki seeks to learn more about the creature acting as his friend as he strives to grip to any living connection to his friend, one that it is alluded to that Yoshiki may have had feelings extending beyond friendship, potentially into romantic. As someone who mostly consumes horror media, this series introduces an interesting and unique concept that really had me hooked from the beginning. I find that often horror is used to address social issues through allusions and metaphor...
Comments
Post a Comment